Welcome, Fall

It may only be the second week of September, but Autumn arrived at the our home this week.
The overcast weather coupled with the fact that a baby is due to arrive just a week or so after Fall technically begins gave me the motivation to go ahead and decorate. (Even though my garden is still bursting with lots of hot pink and purple! Ha!)

The boys needed to wake up from their nap, so I thought I'd begin to set up some festive touches in their room to rouse them gently.
They didn't budge... but when they did finally come to, they were so excited to wake up to fun decorations everywhere!
The rest of the house is a little more subtle, but cheery.
I didn't expect the surge of grief that ran through my body as I pulled ceramic pumpkins and harvest placemats out of the box. Memories of last Thanksgiving hit me unexpectedly, and my heart broke once again for that little life we lost.
Then Lois kicked and peace washed over me.
Our Lord is so kind. 
Welcome, Fall. Once again you are here.
A new season, ripe for making new memories.
This year has been bursting with blessings, and I am ready to spend all of Autumn thanking God for them.
xoxoxo

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
in everything give thanks,
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

*The boys' memory verse this month. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts