Vitamin C


I’m taking a sick day.



Well, as much of a sick day as a mommy can get. It basically looks like a sleeper sofa pulled out in the middle of the living room, a buddy snuggled under each arm, a cup of tea nearby, and PBS kids on repeat.

Oh, how I am thankful for PBS on days like these.

Fortunately, the worst is over. My body was very wise and chose to save my worst days, those days when lifting your head off your pillow is too great a struggle, for the weekend when my Doc in Shining Stethoscope could tend to me (and take care of the boys). But here I am, the start of a new week, well enough to let Riley go to work, but not well enough to think about folding the laundry, enjoying some snuggles from my buddies.

During nap time, I came across one of my favorite quotes, and found it easy to relate to with this nasty virus working to wear my body out.

"Discontent is to the soul as a disease is to the body: it puts it out of temper and much hinders its regular and sublime motions heavenward."
-Thomas Watson, The Art of Divine Contentment

After going through sickness we are better able to appreciate health. But in the middle of our illness we find ourselves tempted to despair, tempted to complain. 

Yet, it is those days when our contentment is tested that we must adjust our perspective and fight against that which will destroy our souls. We must chase that disease away with a spirit of thanksgiving and contentment.

Contentment is like vitamin C for your soul.

And I’ve been taking lots of vitamin C lately!

;)

Comments

Popular Posts