The Jefferson Hotel

It came to my attention that I have yet to get around to posting about our trip to Richmond with our good friends the Weizeneckers, and as that's a memory I'm determined to keep, I'll go ahead and post about it now. My favorite thing about blogging is browsing through old posts and thinking, "Ohhhh yeaaahhhh! I remember that! That was fun!" 

So, long story short, we got to live here for a couple days in early December.


Yeah. Wow.

Philip had to go to Richmond for some fancy ceremony where he would be sworn in as a Lawyer, and since Rachel wanted to go to the ceremony but wasn't allowed to bring her daughters with her into the court room, I offered to watch the girls. Farmville is on the way to Richmond, so I thought it would work out perfectly.

Clearly, it worked out a little more perfectly than I could have imagined, because I ended up watching the girls here. How fun is that?



The whole place was covered in fresh poinsettias and white twinkle lights. 
It was simply magical. What a treat!


We had the pleasure of staying two nights, and spending lots of quality time with our friends, exploring both the hotel and a little bit of the city. We even made it to the totally awesome Children's Museum!!


"Apple Picking!" 
"Mommy, I can be a farmer like the Wiezeneckers!"
 It was an absolutely wonderful trip, and we were so thankful for the chance to get away and live in a dream land for a couple days.
Many thanks to the Weizeneckers for including us in their celebration of Philip passing the bar and becoming an official lawyer! 

And here are the boys, enjoying their souvenir from the trip.


You'd think you could count on organic farmers to give reasonable snacks to your children.
Apparently not.
*wink*




Comments

Popular Posts