Sweet Hearts

Danielle asked me what cute stuff I was doing to decorate for Valentine's this year.
I thought, "What? Huh? Oh, yeah. That's coming up. I guess I should get on that!"
This sort of thing happens a lot. My friends and family tend to have a lot more faith in my on-top-of-things-ness than they ought. But I'm always thankful for the boost of motivation that an undeserved compliment brings about!

So, I got on it.


Previously I have done little to nothing to decorate for Valentines day. It always sneaks up on me, and I'm not sure why. What is there in January and February besides Valentine's Day?? Anyway, I'm usually scrambling the night before to throw some pink and red around the house and get a fun breakfast together. But not this year! This year, we're Valentinesey!




I crocheted these adorable little hearts to hang on the piano display...


Cut out hearts from pretty scrap book paper...


Made a paper garland for the dining room window...


And printed off a simple banner...



Gray is learning his shapes, and he's convinced that hearts are actually called "Valentines." 
:)

We're all festive over here! And I'm already scheming up plans for our Valentine's Day breakfast. What should it be? Chocolate Ricotta Muffins with fresh strawberries and cream? Or heart-shaped cinnamon rolls with fruit parfaits? Oooooh the options are endlessly sweet!

XO

Comments

Popular Posts