Speaking of Hydrangeas

Oh, the anticipation...


My hydrangea is starting to blossom.

This sweet little bush is only three years old. Last year it didn't produce one single bloom, and I was on the verge of throwing it out during the move, but decided to consult my go-to garden guru, Shira (who doesn't have a blog, but is one of those ladies who should). She told me to chop it down and see what happens. (She also suggested telling it how much I love it, and singing to it, and I happily obliged. That's my kind of gardening!)

You can imagine my delight when this Spring produced five budding flower heads!

I'm pretty much giddy about it. Is that strange?


It's sitting in a cloud of white begonias, one of my favorite porch flowers. They're dainty, beautiful, and do very well in pots.

This Summer I hope to try my hand at propagating. Two hydrangea bushes is better than one, I say.

Now my only dilemma is whether to cut them to enjoy inside or not... 
I'm quite sure I won't be able to resist at least snipping one.
*smile*

Happy Hydrangea season, to you!

Comments

Popular Posts