Grandpa Stan

“But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep.” 
1 Thes. 4:13-14 

I received word early this morning that my Grandfather, Stan Irvine, had given up his fight with cancer. He had baffled the doctors with his fighting spirit for over a decade, and finally decided that it was time.

He was a good man.



The last time I saw him was on my wedding day, and what a blessing it was for me to have him in attendance! He was sick and travel was hard for him, but he refused to miss the big occasion!

Grandpa Stan was my mother's father, and he lived in Eureka, California. He was a fiery redhead and painted some of the most beautiful landscapes (and seascapes, and city skylines...) I have ever seen.

If only I had begged him to teach me oil painting when I was younger!


He is survived by my Grandma Gloria, his seven daughters, and their families (which include a pretty generous helping of grandchildren and great grandchildren!).

May you rest in peace, my dear Grandpa Stan, and may your body and soul be reunited in the life eternal. You were loved, and will be missed. 

Stanley Robert Irvine 
April 16 1931- June 27 2012 
R.I.P.


Comments

Popular Posts