Herbs in the Window


Fresh herbs are a luxury during the winter, when I cannot simply pop outside to harvest some from my pots. When purchasing herbs from the store, I always end up with more than I need for my recipe. Instead of hiding the remaining stems in the refrigerator, where they will most likely go bad before I have another use for them, I like to set them up in my kitchen window in a little vase (or two!) so I can enjoy their fresh scent and vibrant green.


Here are a few sprigs of cilantro, leftover from my homemade salsa. They are now at home inside my bud vase from the antiques store and a shot glass my parents brought home from Fankfurt, West Germany. It has the most beautiful ornate detailing...


I was born in West Germany. Daddy was in the Army.
What fun to have a little piece of it grace my kitchen window.

A bouquet of green is just the perfect reminder that while there may be snow on the ground, the life of Spring is just around the corner. It always comes. Just wait.

Comments

Popular Posts