This Charming Little Life

This lovely little blog celebrated it’s FIFTH anniversary this week! 
Wow. Thinking back to my very first post (So, I’ve Never Been a Blogger), a lot has changed! At that time I honestly didn’t even know what a blog was. I was told I needed to start one by many different friends and family members, and back then it was primarily used as a means of helping my long distance family members stay connected with the goings on of our growing family, and also as entertainment for my adoring mother, who has religiously read every post since, a minimum of five times. Love her. :)

So, blog I did. And I have grown to love it. One of my favorite side effects of this blog has been the way that it’s helped to change my perspective in so many facets of life. Through the years we have faced trials great and trials small, and my blog has given me a purposeful outlet through which to view things rightly. When I wake up to children making colossal messes, or when we are running impossibly late for a flight, I am able to laugh rather than fret, and I begin drafting the story post in my head as I work through the aftermath of whatever chaos I may have encountered. I love the way that it brings focus to the beautiful little details in my life, as I search for content to talk about. I love that I now have an excuse to take pictures of flowers. And the constant reminder to shift my perspective has not only sweetened the memories I have of my life these last five years, but it has also deepened my love and thankfulness for the Creator God and the many, many gifts He loads on us each day. How can I complain of dirty dishes and mounds of unfolded laundry, when these are the reasons for them?
Over the years I’ve been a bit of a confusing read. I’ve waffled between blogging a journal of our family’s life—a pseudo online scrapbook— and using this platform as a way to encourage friends and family and spread the light of Christ. Sometimes when I write I am talking to myself, sometimes I’m talking to close friends and family, and sometimes I’m talking to anyone who wants to listen. And, much to my total and utter surprise, more and more people are listening!
So, on this fifth anniversary, I’ve decided to give this little bitty blog a fresh look and a new name. 
Welcome to This Charming Little Life!

And here’s the confession: I’m *still* not a blogger, although I have a better idea as to what a blogger is. I’m a wife. I’m a mommy. I’m most definitely a friend. And I love, love, love to encourage those around me. Whether in person or online, one goal that is intrinsic to my nature is to put a smile on the faces of anyone near me. I delight in splashing the joy of Christ on others, and I hope to use this little spot in the middle of the inter webs to do so for any of you who pop in for a minute. I love to find charm in the ordinary, to adjust my view point and see through new eyes, and that is a good way to pretty much sum up what my blog has become: My cheerful quest for all things lovely and good.

“Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”
Philippians 4:8

Not much will change. I will still post way too many pictures of my darling children. I will still mumble and muse about my lovely little life and all the blessings that chaos brings. But I hope to do so in a way that will inspire you to go out and do the same. I hope you will stop here and be reminded to turn your minds to what is lovely, and pure, and worthy of praise. I hope I can help you notice…

It really is a charming little life!
XO, Tam




Comments

Popular Posts