Better and Bountiful

Today marks my due date for the baby we lost in November.
If I hadn't miscarried, I would either be large and uncomfortable and giddy with anticipation, or holding a precious bundle of joy in my arms right now.
I was delighted with that little life for the short amount of time that I had it, and while I did not get the blessing of holding his or her body close to my chest and breathing that fresh scent of new baby, the Lord answered the prayers of my broken heart... 
Lord, please fill my womb with life again before my due date comes. 
Please let my body carry a child within it, and bless our family with another baby.
[26 weeks... well, 26 and a half... *wink*]
Sometimes we don't understand God's plan for our lives, but He always works all things for good.
His plans are better, and His blessings bountiful.

And it is at this point that we are thrilled to introduce to you God's better and bountiful plan for us by name.
:)
Meet our daughter,
Lois Idelle
[Lois @ 20 weeks]
We named her at our ultrasound when we found out she was a girl, and have been giddy with excitement about our little Lois ever since!
Lois is of course my grandmother's name, and means "Better." 
While this could cause some sibling tension in the future (ha!) we know that she is the outworking of God's good plan for us, and since His ways are better than our own, we found the name to fit her perfectly.
Lois Jean Meili Doughty with her four oldest children.
(She went on to have three more!)
Isn't she stunning??
:)

Idelle is a family name as well. Riley's great great grandmother was Sarah Idelle (she went by "Della") and she was a godly wife and mother who raised 10 children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
Sarah Idell Ramsey Sublett (1867- 1951) and her husband
William Joseph Sublett. Married in 1888.
Idelle means "Bountiful" and I'd say that the name fit her just as well as it fits our own daughter!
Our very own bountiful blessing.
We sure can't wait until we get to snuggle our little Lois Idelle in our arms!!
Just three more months!
XO



Comments

Popular Posts