Bath Time Haiku

While supervising bath time today I felt randomly inspired to exercise the poetic portion of my brain.
(All three cells of it.)

BATHTIME HAIKU

Boys covered in suds,
Laughter soaked with water sloshing.
Cleansed, body and soul.

Spending all day every day with little ones can sometimes make you forget that you're actually an intelligent human being, and so I enjoy seeking out opportunities to raise the intellectual bar for myself. I typically do this through reading non fiction, listening to sermons and lectures, writing, and occasionally even playing the part of a poet.
So, today I spent a few minutes trying to verbally capture the essence of my children whooping it up in the tub. They were having a grand ol' time in there, and I was enjoying the show (from a safe distance, just outside the bathroom door. It's kind of soggy in there, you know).

I truly love my life.
Both the smart and the silly parts. 
:)


* * *

*Haiku is a form of poetry that is typically only three lines, usually following a syllable structure of "5,7,5." It's purpose is to capture the essence of a moment through words.
I love having a blog where I can "work on" developing my skill set as a writer! 
Thanks to all of you who humor me by reading it! 

Comments

Popular Posts