Happy Sabbath!

The Sabbath is my favorite day of the week, and for good reason! Worshiping with the Saints is a blessing I crave all week long (and generally need desperately come Saturday!) And after covenant renewal, our typical family custom is a nice, big, fat, calorie-loaded feast. Now there's a reason to delight in the Lord's Day! Something I hadn't considered when thinking about moving away from family was the fact that the blessing (and workload) of preparing said feast would now be on my shoulders. This is supposed to be the mom's job, and, oh--wait. I am the mom! After being thoroughly spoiled by Riley's mom's hard work for four years, it is now my job to make the Feast day one full of, well, food. I have learned a lot about preparing food that can be ready in a wink after you come home from church with hungry children (read: I've failed a lot!). But at the same time it's so fun, and really fulfilling to work hard on Saturday so you can rest and enjoy and eat on Sunday. And today was one of those wonderful, fat-filled days.
And check out this sweetie I made for our Sabbath treat!
Yum. I simply layered cook-and-serve chocolate pudding (which I bought on accident, but will probably do on purpose now because it was DELICIOUS and oh-so-creamy! One day I'll work up the nerve to try making pudding from scratch, but not today), sliced strawberries and freshly whipped heavy cream. How can you not love the Sabbath with stuff like this?? God's blessings are real, and very easy to find on Feast Day!
Happy Sabbath to you all!

Comments

Popular Posts