Thanksgiving 2014

We had a delightful Thanksgiving.
Boxwood clippings in milkglass.
Ceramic pumpkins and candlesticks.
And some fun chalkboard art!
Kid table:
My Grandmother's menu board was sent to me for my birthday this year by my grandfather.
Such a special gift, on display.
Dessert!
We celebrated with friends. Our initial invite list of 38 people was gradually weaned down to just 14 (including two newborns!) due to other plans and unexpected tummy bugs, but we still had a wonderful time. (My 22 lbs. turkey was a bit overkill! But no one ever complains about leftover turkey meat!)
Baby buddies! 
It's unbelievable to me that a year has passed since our precious little one went ahead of us into glory. He or she is worshipping our Maker in heaven, and my heart both aches and rejoices every time I remember that little soul! I cried last Thanksgiving at the loss of a child, a fat little face to add to our table, and yet look what to Lord had in store for me:
Now there's something to be thankful for!
And she's two months old today!
XO

Happy Thanksgiving to you! 
And blessings on your Advent season! 
(It's upon us already!! Hooray!!)

Comments

Popular Posts