Then and Now

Well, I hope to write about our absolutely wonderful little getaway to the mountains in due time, but since we unintentionally left our camera in Lynchburg, and I absolutely refuse to do a post without pictures, I'm stuck until my sweet sister-in-law gets it to me through the mail. In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to do a little then-and-nowing. It's always fun to see how people age. 
(And golly, children sure age people in a hurry!)

Here we are the week we got engaged, August of 2006:



And then a year later on our wedding day, August 11, 2007:


And here we are nowadays:


Now, you probably can't tell, but we're actually sitting on the same bench in all three pictures, just in different locations around my parents' yard! 

The thing I like most about these pictures is how I look happier in the next than I do in the previous. Sure, I look a few years older, and I spent a fraction of the amount of time I had done previously on my hair, but we almost look giggly in the later pictures. 

I was so happy when I got engaged, I really didn't think life could get better. Then I got married, and proved myself wrong, thinking I had no clue what happiness was, and surely now I understood; this is as good as it gets. 

And now, two babies later, I've finally learned that each day brings new joys that fill your heart to the point you feel it may burst open. I've realized that each day you open your heart to the outpouring of God's blessings you will discover a new level of happiness you never imagined possible. 
And it will inevitably manifest itself in your smile.

*cheese!*


I'm so in love... xo



Comments

  1. Oh so true Tamara- and the "bursting" just gets greater so hold on to your hat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts