Memorial Day

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day, and made sure to cultivate a spirit of gratitude to those who have fallen fighting for our freedom, as well as to the God who has written such a great nation into His story. I feel blessed to be a part of it, and am so thankful to have the freedom to worship the One True God without fear of persecution. 

One nation under God.

Memorial Day Cookout
Riley grilled, and this time it wasn't pouring rain!


We enjoyed some grilled burgers, mac-n-cheese, fruit salad (red, white, and blue style!), chips, and then topped off the celebration with some festive rice crispy treats. 
(Have you tried dark chocolate M&Ms? Dangerous...)



His smile is evolving...
Story time with Daddy


My dad sent me this picture of my Grandma's grave:


She served our country faithfully as a military wife and mother for 20 years while her husband, my Papa, served as a Master Sergeant in the Air Force. (Which, at the time, was the highest rank an NCO could receive! She was very proud.) While she didn't die serving our country, she certainly lived for it, and it made my heart glad to see her grave being so lovingly cared for this weekend.

Happy Memorial Day to you!
God bless you all!

xo


Comments

Popular Posts