Arugula Harvest

It's time! I can't believe it. 
Seems like I planted those little seeds yesterday... and now look at them!



I harvested our first bunch today to enjoy with our dinner.


Of course I had a helper...


He got a little confused about what part we are supposed to eat...


Yum. Dirt.


For dinner I used some arugula leaves on my Chicken Alfredo Pizza.


Pizza. I thought that would be an easy meal to make. But, after baking the gluten free pizza crust, making the alfredo sauce, hand-grating the cheese, marinading and grilling the chicken, harvesting the arugula, boiling the broccoli, dicing tomatoes and chopping the fresh parsley (also from my garden), I was worn out! 
And so was my kitchen...

It was worth it.


 I served it with an Arugula and Watermelon Salad. 
Thank you, Barefoot Contessa, for another stellar recipe! 
(You can find the recipe here.)


 Here I am with my master garden helper, ready to enjoy the vegetables of our labor.


We ate out in the garden. It just seemed fitting.
Delicious! And so very satisfying.
What fun to grow food out of the ground!

Comments

Popular Posts