Almost

The blueberries are beginning to turn blue.


Soon we will be able to pick them and enjoy their warm, fresh-from-the-bush juicy goodness.
I've never grown blueberries before, but I love them so much, I decided to pick up a couple of bushes to add to my garden.


Speaking of the garden, I had to do a little rearranging.


I absolutely loved the previous location for my pots, up against the fence on the far side of the yard. (read: away from the children playing with trucks on the patio)
But, I didn't realize that my once full-sun location would turn into an almost full-shade one when the leaves filled in on the massive White Ash up the bank on the other side of the fence.

It would have been nice if I had thought of that...

But, they've found a new home and seem happy there, which makes me happy. 

And the boys don't bother the pots too very much. Lately they've been entertaining themselves with the sprinkler, which is why this post has no pictures of them. Instead of putting them in their swimwear, I took the easy route and they sported the "just diapers" look this morning.
Extra vitamin D, right?

The blueberries are not the only source of garden excitement. The tomatoes are starting to form. How fun is that? 


My tomato bushes have grown so much, it was time to build some supports for them. This weekend we took a wonderful evening stroll on a trail called The Huckleberry in Blacksburg, and I collected some nice tall sticks to use. This morning I tied them together with some cotton string, and am so pleased with my "free" brackets.


It was a happy morning in the garden with my boys.

Ahh, May. I love you.
Even though you make me sneeze...

xo

P.S... Isn't it lovely to find weeds as beautiful as this in your garden?




Comments

Popular Posts