Four Years of Happy

Asher turned 4 today!
How did he get so big??
When we were trying to pick a name for our firstborn son, we settled on Asher because we loved the fact that it meant "happy." And he truly has made us so happy! In fact, he keeps us rolling with laughter on a regular basis! He's a real ham, and a joy to be around! I thought that in honor of his birthday I would share a few of my favorite Asher quotes from this past year.
- - - - -
"Mama, I so sick, I need some chocolate milk. That make me feel so healthy..." (He was most certainly not sick!)
- - - - -
Daddy: "So, the chickens give us eggs, and the cows give us milk, what does the.... kitchen give us?" (because we like to give him random questions and laugh at his answers)
Asher: "NO, Daddy. The kitchens don't give. MAMA gives us. Mama gives us bacon and fings." He then proceeded to sing to us,

"The Mama gives us bacon,
the Mama gives us bacon,
hi-ho the dairy-o
the Mama gives us BACON!"
- - - - -
When I forgot to give Asher his treat for using the big boy potty, he seized the opportunity to embark on a mini lecture about forgetfulness, reminding me of how God was angry with the Israelites in the desert when they forgot Him and all He had done for them. He made sure to remind me of the water that came out of the rock, the bread that came raining out of the sky, and how the Israelites did not remember. "You MUST not forget, Mommy. You GOT to get my treat!"
- - - - -
Riley: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Asher: I want to drink coffee.
- - - - -
Asher: What did baby Jesus sleep in?
Me: He slept in a trough that the animals ate out of. It's called a manger.
Asher: They didn't have no pack-n-play for him??
- - - - -
Me: Asher! Don't steal from your brother!
Asher: But Mom! I'm teaching Grayson how to share!
- - - - -
[To Daddy, who had just fed him a bite of his dinner]: You almost poked my uvula!
- - - - -
When Gray was crying because we had left the boys with some friends for a couple days to get our house packed up, Asher decided to offer (very little) reassurance by piping up and shouting, "Mommy and Daddy will be gone for 40 days and 40 nights!"
- - - - -
Me: What happened??
Asher: Well, I was just sittin' here being patient, and then my patience went away from me, and so I just hit him.
(haha!)
- - - - -
You sure keep our bellies full with laughter, dear son!
Happy Birthday, Happy Asher!
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts