A Wreath on My Door

I love a front door wreath. It beckons visitors welcome, and makes a home look lived in and loved. I like to change mine with the seasons, and have a couple favorites. I received a beautiful fall wreath from my sweet mother-in-law for my birthday. (October birthdays are simply lovely!) Its subtle, earthy colors are elegant, simple, and warm. My Winter wreath once adorned the front door of Riley's wonderful Grandmother, out in the country. I absolutely love its rustic pine cones tucked in amongst the snow-frosted needles. I dress it with red poinsettias during the Christmas season, and then strip them off to complete our colder months. But I haven't acquired a Spring wreath that I hold as near and dear as my other seasons...

Until now!

And I made it myself. It's really quite simple! I went to Michaels to pick up the supplies and glanced at the ready-made wreaths, tempted by the idea of not doing the work myself. I couldn't believe how expensive they were! For $8.50 I picked up everything I needed, and assembled my wreath in less than half an hour on the first day of Spring. (I work better with deadlines!)

Here's what I did...


Supplies: One grapevine wreath, a few stems of a flower that will compliment the color of your front door, a hot glue gun and some wire-cutting piers.
I chose white dogwood blossoms, because not only are they one of the prettiest flowers native to this area, they are also Virginia's state flower. I love them!


Cut the long stems off of the flowers, tuck the stub into your grapevine wreath and secure with hot glue. Work your way around the wreath, securing the branches or individual flowers where you want them to stay. I used about one whole stick of glue on mine, because we live in a very windy area, and I didn't want any flowers to blow away or fall out of place.


Cut any excess off of the tip of the last flower stem and secure the end with more glue. You can use the extra flowers to hide any deformities in your wreath. (Mine was a little more oblong than I wanted, and so I added the flowers to the wonky side to even it out.)


Tada! A lovely Springtime wreath! How easy is that? I can't imagine what could make it any cuter!

Oh wait, I found something! Now that's just adorable...


My wreath was in place just in time for Spring.


Doesn't that wreath make a happy welcome home? I think so!

Happy Spring!


Comments

Popular Posts