Spring Flowers Everywhere! (And a little tip!)

Spring is in the air!
Warm breezes and tiny buds on the trees have me feeling alive and productive after a long, cold winter. (Actually, it was mostly just a long, cold last month of winter, but either way, I'm glad to be done with it!)
Of course, when those tiny buds open just a little more I'll be suffering death-by-allergies. 
I have a love-hate relationship with Spring.
This morning the boys picked this lovely little bundle of yellow for me from a nearby creek.
It got me feeling all giddy inside, so I had to post about flowers... again.
Nancy Wilson once suggested making flowers a part of your weekly grocery budget, because a lovely table does a lot to sweeten the fellowship around it. I've always loved the idea, and actually planted lots of garden flowers last year for the sole purpose of harvesting them to adorn my table and home. During the winter I'll sometimes snip evergreens, but I rarely splurge and buy flowers.
This week, however, (before the boys discovered the daffodils that had bloomed this morning,) Spring Fever hit me, and my own bulbs simply weren't maturing fast enough. A little bundle of white tulips called out to me in the Walmart produce section, and I couldn't resist!
You know how every once in awhile you'll suddenly realize something so delightfully simple that you can't believe you never thought of it before? A couple years ago it hit me for the first time that when you buy a bouquet of flowers at the market, you don't have to put them all in the same vase. 
Weird, huh?
Why hadn't I thought of that before? Why have one big arrangement in the middle of the table, preventing your view of the person across from you, if you can sort, separate, and distribute pretty little bundles everywhere!?!?
So that's what I do.
Over the last couple years I've collected a few lovely little bud vases from antique and thrift shops, and the happy little blooms they host fill our home with sweetness.

Wishing happy Spring blooms to all of you!
XO

Comments

Popular Posts