Washington Wrap Up

In an effort to wrap up the Washington Trip Chronicles, here are some pictures that do a decent job at summarizing the rest of our wonderful visit to my beautiful Northwest:

Our visit with Aunt Danielley was super fun, despite being super short! Here we are, playing at the park with just a few of the Maple Valley kiddos I love...


Then we migrated over to Spokane...





Pappy is One Tough Mudder!
My dad just completed his first Tough Mudder, and when he saw these sweatsuits in the store that resembled his Tough Mudder shirt, he couldn't resist. He's already signed up for another TM. I'm not sure if he's crazy or just really, really cool... :)

It's a Gray-in-the-box!


We enjoyed lots of fun visitors...

"G.G." came bearing gifts!

Nana Cheri and Aunt Kathy came for a girls' afternoon tea! Anna and I had just used nap-time to rearrange the furniture into this super-cozy arrangement. I love it!


Sweet Anna was extra busy between work and school, but she spent as much time with us as she could! She was pretty much a rock star when she'd walk in the door; the boys would come running to her shouting, "Auntie Auntie! Auntie Auntie!" in excited squeals.


And there was of course plenty of goofing around with Pappy...


A Pappy Ride!



This is what happens when you try to do physical therapy stretches with grandsons around...


The whole Spokane Gang!


Other highlights were:

1. Sleeping in several mornings (the boys would sneak out and find Pappy without waking me!)
2. Being greeted every morning with a fresh cappuccino made just for me by Dad. (Spoiled. I know.)
3. The boys had a camp-out in a tent downstairs with Pappy!
4. Bedtime stories Pappy-style every night.
5. Other visits: Time with my Papa and Nancy, coffee with a dear roommate from NSA, and an early Thanksgiving dinner with my Aunt Denise and Cousin Nathan & Marie.
6. Fire pit & marshmallow roasting.
7. Breathing the brisk, Northwestern Autumn air... Ahhh.
8. Asher reading 101 Dalmations with Gramma... every day... at least twice. (She was a trooper!)
9. The boys running laps around my parents' house... around, and around, and around, and around...
10. Watching my parents grow younger by the minute. They sure love their grandkids!


We were so thankful to have the chance to spend some time with family way out in Washington!
It was a blast!








Comments

Popular Posts