My little garden

Isn't she cute?


Her name is Zinnia, and I can't wait to see her all grown up.
Asher and I tucked the little seed she used to be into the dirt a mere few days ago. 

My, how they grow so fast...



And she's not the only one. She's joined by friends on the windowsill, a little nursery.


One day, when she grows, we will move her into a bigger room, with more space to play.

(Although I confess, not that much space!)

We have a very small back yard. Let's call it a back-nook. But we're making it work.


I've been developing a potted vegetable and herb garden, and it's been lots of fun.



There's nothing like digging your hands down in soft soil under the warm Spring sun.


Of course I have helpers...




Proudly sporting the sticker I pulled off the side of a new pot.

I made them a sandbox-on-a-budget to hopefully deter little hands from digging in the wrong dirt...


If my plants survive the rambunctious toddler and curious one-year-old, it will truly be a wonder!


In our tiny garden I've managed to plant tomatoes (three varieties), red bell peppers, peas, sweet peas, arugula,  strawberries, basil, mint, chives, parsley, lavender, marigolds (which supposedly offer pest resistance), and a sprinkling of other flowers to make me smile.



Flowers always make me smile.


Especially ones from Hubby...





I love you, Hubby. xo

It's really such fun watching seeds grow in our garden. Asher has enjoyed watching the plantings sprout out of thin air.

It's magic, and it's happening in our very own yard.




Comments

Popular Posts