A house for a home...

It seems we've found a house to make a home next year...


That's right! A house!!! With a yard. And a storage shed. And lots of space to run and play.
We're so excited!

It is actually located in the town of Farmville, less than a mile from the hospital Riley will be working at.
(We're hoping he will be able to come home on his lunch breaks!)
The neighborhood is lovely, with sidewalks and beautiful historic homes and pretty gardens.
It will take about an hour to get to Lynchburg for church and Asher's preschool co-op we'll be joining next year, but we're thankful that we've found a house so ideally located for Riley's work, and we're thankful we found a house!
Searching for rentals has proven to be a little trickier than we had anticipated, since it's such a rural area. We are most thankful to have found such a lovely little spot, and a house with so much character inside! 
It was built in the '50's and has a pretty funky layout, lots of fun little nooks and crazy hallways, and some pretty fantastic brown shag carpet in the main living area. I told Riley not to worry, I always love a good decorating challenge!!
I'll post pictures of the inside once I get some better ones.
And this brings me to my second point... I have yet to see it in person!
Riley drove to Farmville this past Saturday by himself to meet the landlords and check it out. He said he liked it, and I completely trust him.
He picked out the past two places we've lived in without me, and he did a wonderful job both times. No reason to fear!

It's so exciting to begin to visualize the next chapter of our crazy journey!
In a house all to ourselves!!!


Comments

  1. How exciting!! So glad you have a home to go to, and one less thing on the to do list! And a house!! Yay! So happy for you guys! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I know the feeling after being in condos and duplexes for the first four years of our marriage. A house is a treat!!! And a home is what you make of it, so I have no doubt even the carpet will be lovely when you get done with it! So happy for you guys.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous!!!! I have decided to love it!!! I had shag green carpet in my grandmothers home I now live in. When we pulled it up....beautiful hardwood floors!!! Houses like this are a treasure for sure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts