Tea party for one and other such fun

Here's a little peek into my new favorite way to spend afternoon nap time...


A tea party is such a wonderful way to recharge midway through the day. It does wonders beyond a short nap!
It restores the soul (not to sound too corny).

Here is my recipe for a tea party for one:
  • Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to almost boiling. Don't let it boil. I think Brittish Parliament will be after you if you do.
  • Meanwhile, take 5 minutes to tidy up the room you will sit in. You'll be able to enjoy yourself so much more if you're not surrounded by clutter... or at least not as surrounded.
  • Gather your teacup or mug (styrofoam is not an option), sugar, cream (which is actually milk. Don't ask me why they call it cream. And under no circumstance should you ever add cream to herbal tea. Never. Ever.), a spoon, a napkin, and a little treat (a cookie, a scone, crustless PB&J triangles or some fruit are all lovely options!). Also, gather some pretty flowers in a small vase to enjoy while you sip. Weeds are definitely an option (as you can see in my picture!)
  • Brew your tea of choice in a teapot (or cup if you don't own one) and let steep for 3-6 minutes.
  • When finished, perch near a window and enjoy while listening to some soothing music. I like my tea time to be spent reading or just looking out my window at God's beautiful creation (which currently looks like a bamboo forest, but is still pretty in its own way).
You'll have twice the fun if you invite someone to join you!

It sure helps me recharge so I can tackle what I do the rest of the day...




Asher is getting around the house with surprising ease these days! He follows me when I leave the room (which I love) and whines constantly to be picked up (which I love not.)

So yes. Afternoon tea is a must.
Be ye inspired to join me in bringing back this lovely tradition!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts