Losing things

I've heard it called mom-nesia. That dull brain one receives after having a baby and therefore getting no more than a couple hours of continuous sleep at night. Whatever you wish to name it, I have it in full swing even still. Lately I've acquired quite the knack at losing things that really aren't lost at all. Take for instance this little story:
I like to use my ear-bud when on my cell phone, in an attempt to prevent the inevitable cancer of the brain that all cell phone users are destined to. I was anxious to call my sweet friend Danielle, and began the recurring search for my ear bud. I checked in all the usual hiding spots, and then did the full-circle scan of the room. Then I did it again, and again. Before I knew it I was spinning full speed in the middle of my living room. I plopped down on the sofa in defeat, and then realized I was sitting on my earbud. Hmm. You'd think I would have seen it sitting there mid-spin. I guess not.
But I must not be too hard on myself. It's easy to lose things when you have a darling little boy who is getting rather good at making messes. I have here photographic evidence of what happens when he is placed a little too near my neatly folded pile of laundry.
He makes it easy to laugh at myself...

Comments

Popular Posts