A Simple 4th

Our Fourth of July was pretty low key. Riley's big licensing exam is just days away, we're covered in boxes, and the weather has been a little anti-festive. But, when the rain prevents you from grilling burgers in the back yard, Five Guys Burgers and Fries makes a very happy substitute! Riley took us all there for lunch, and we stopped in at Sweet Frog for a little taste of frozen yogurt on our way home. 


I decided this morning that just because we're moving doesn't mean that we can't celebrate at least a little, so I pulled out the checkered tablecloth and blew up some balloons. The boys were thrilled, of course!



I didn't quite have the energy to make a pie today (not to mention half of my kitchen is packed up already!), so we settled for peanut butter cookies and patriotic M&Ms for our after dinner treat.... 



Then my big "stay up late boy" and I waited on the front porch to catch the glimpse of a fireworks show we can see from our front porch.


He was soooooo excited to spend some special time with Mommy!
:)

Happy 4th of July!!









Comments

  1. It's encouraging to see how you manage to pull together little celebrations in the midst of life's chaos! It's something that I would love to be able to do a bit more often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts