A little bit of precarious

One afternoon my very concerned toddler started shouting, "Nooooo no, Grayson. No stairs, Grayson. All done stairs GRAAAAYYYYYSOOOON." This, of course, caught my attention, and I turned around to see this little guy peeking through the rails of the staircase.
Somebody figured out how to climb.


This came as a bit of a shock, since he's only recently started pulling himself up to standing. Not to mention, at this age Asher really just sat around like a ball of lard, perfectly content to just watch the world around him.
My, how things have changed...


He's wearing monkey pajamas. What did I expect?

And then, not 10 minutes later, he showed off some more climbing skills as he determined that he most certainly must see what toilet paper tastes like...


That basket sits about a foot off the ground, and I have no doubt he would have conquered it if Mama hadn't intervened. She's so mean...

And while we're on the subject of all things precarious, these are the conditions in which I regularly find myself while cooking:


I was mid-broccoli-soup-and-broiled-cheese-bread during this picture... doesn't that sound simply delicious? Saturday lunches are the best, because Daddy is home for them! No scrimping by on leftovers today!

Trains, blankets, blocks and cars are scattered about by my affectionate toddler, just waiting for an unsuspecting Mama to trip over them. For an accident-prone woman, it's a miracle no significant injuries have occurred...yet.

Next, I just have to show off Asher's mad tower-building skills...


Isn't that fun? He was so proud as he added each thing to the stack of precariously balanced toys, and once he decided that his masterpiece was complete, he left it there, all the way until bedtime, instead of knocking it over as he usually does. I guess he was waiting to see if it would fall on its own. It didn't.

And as a side-note, I fully understand that I am probably the only person in the world that thinks Asher's tower is amazing enough to make an appearance on the internet....

And here is the master builder himself, sitting on top of every blanket, pillow, toy and basket in the area...


Life gets a little topsy-turvy sometimes, but it sure is a fun ride!

Comments

Popular Posts