Blessings in Excess...

Remember when I mentioned the unsightly box mounds that were making me go crazy? heh...


But, the crazy part is actually how much stuff we have to box up.
We are so blessed, that it actually takes this many boxes (times ten) to move it all across the state.

I can't allow myself to complain.
God often piles on the blessings with such excess, they crush you with their weight.
Sometimes God's blessings are so abundant that it is easy to replace gratitude with exhaustion.

I feel the same way with motherhood.

Vaccuum "helpers"

My boys are by far two of the most wonderful gifts I've ever been given, but sometimes the excess of little-boy-goodness (or not-so-goodness!) has me spinning in circles and completely worn out-- often before 8AM!


But can I really allow myself to grumble about another early morning? Another squabble to referee with glued-shut eyelids? Another cold cup of coffee? Shopping trips accompanied by the fussing from a toddler who deems it fitting to loudly voice his opinions about being stuck in the shopping cart? Another breakdown because a brother has a coveted truck? Hour-long battles at the dinner table? A bedtime routine that involves chasing escape artists down the hall to wrangle them into their jammies?

Of course not. (However tempting it may seem at the moment!) These children are blessings. Blessings heaped out in overflow, the way God usually dishes out His wonderful gifts. God has given me two massive heaps of blessing, and although they may seem to be more than I can handle at times, I cannot help but feel gratitude. And really, gratitude is the only way to combat the combination of a stubborn three year old, a fussy two year old, and a muddy, muddy back yard. :)


Gratitude has the power to adjust your focus, change your perspective, and help you to truly see the crazy as blessing. It can help you look through your tired eyes and actually see the vibrant and lovely life God has given you.

Covered in mud!

So I am thankful. Thankful for blessings that overwhelm me.
I will give the Lord excessive praise.



XO

Comments

  1. :) Great blog. Just the reminder I need lately! We sure have been blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exhausted before 8 AM...yes. I think more coffee would help me. And thank you for the reminder. It's important to remember how blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts